Giappone, Osaka. Nomina di Ambasciatrice (Goodwill Ambassador) dall'Ufficio del Turismo, Japan


I am a fine art photographer & artist from Switzerland. I have been brought up by an artistic family & educated in Switzerland. As a child, my father used to gift me with books about Japanese & Persian traditional arts & culture. This type of childhood has influenced my spirit as an artist up until today.

Since I was young, I have been travelling to many countries. I have visited Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Mali, Kenya, India, Haiti, Poland, France, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Spain, England & Japan.

My artwork is mainly concerned with portraiture, especially with that of women. With “A Cicada Singing in the Night: Memorie de Melodie” I have focussed my attention upon key topics which are dear to me: the themes of life & death, of presence & absence, of human emotions, of spirituality, of memories.

Kyoto & Nara are to me a source of inspiration, an insight on the richness & depth of Japanese traditional culture. Memories left from the past, combined with the present are important elements of my work: I overlap coatings of colour, lacquers & varnishes to create multiple nuances on the photographs I take, to trace a biography of my memories. I feel that Kyoto & Nara are the ideal symbols to express my feelings. Nature’s changing seasons, sakura blossoms falling & the sound of cicadas singing amplify the voice of my creative language –“un melange du passé et du present”.

美術ファインアート画家 & 写真家 / 教師 / 国際にファインアートの活動に加わっている / 大阪観光局より『大阪の親善大使』に任命
Nominata Ambasciatrice (Goodwill Ambassador) dall'Ufficio Turismo Città di Osaka.