2024

 “I try to create a dreamy atmosphere through the story of emotions and imagination, by establishing a strong and special relationship with those I portrait in my projects.

My desire for intimate and spontaneous portraits implies a significant interaction with my subjects. In this way, I capture even the smallest expressive and atmospheric nuances, through creative exchange and dialogue.

The value of my practice lies in being present at a time, in a place and especially with the people I am photographing. Subsequently, I transport the elements I have collected into another oniric dimension by the use of painting with natural pigments and Japanese lacca. 

Maiko and Geisha and my two daughters Carlotta and Geraldina are the models I most frequently use. Their spontaneous and unpretentious attitude to perceive themselves allows us to connect in a privileged symbiotic way.” Elenashirin, Fine Art 2024